Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 11, 2011

DIY Vintage Stamp Banner

Yesterday was my husband's birthday, and we had a wonderful dinner at Ned Ludd.  I wanted there to be a sweet surprise on the table when we arrived, but balloons were not going to cut it, so I made this little birthday banner from vintage stamps! I had a collection of vintage stamps, strung them together with a straight stitch on my sewing machine, attached them to some BBQ skewers with some decorative Japanese masking tape, and voila! A sweet personalized banner that made a statement, but did not overwhelm the table.  It would be equally cute made with decorative paper, fabric, or photos- also perfect for topping a birthday cake or taped to a gift as well.
It was a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment