Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 15, 2011

New Work, New Designs







I have been working on a new series of designs inspired by vintage circus animal illustrations and I am really excited about the new direction these pieces are taking me. I have been hand drawing all of the details on the animals and then rendering them in thread, giving each animal a unique personality that has been unexpected and really fun to create. I also feel like this new work is giving voice to all of the decorative stitches that my sewing machine has to offer in ways that I had not thought of before, adding a lot of texture and richness to the finished product.
I am hoping that these designs will are playful enough to delight a child, but that my color pallette and details will be sophisticated enough to charm an adult as well.

We will see where this takes me next...
They are available right here.

1 comment:

  1. these are so sweet! they would be perfect for a nursery. nice work.

    ReplyDelete